Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Inspiration






















Greetings! Summer here in Florida can really be gorgeous. Here are a few new designs that I created with old antique ceiling tins from the late 1800's. Per my daughters request I used a beautiful pink patina with layers of pinks, whites, baby blue and gold accents. The mirror is quite unique. All of my patinas are a graduation of many paints and tecniques to age and crackle. My favorite colors are the blue green with aqua mixed with a copper to create that aged look. I love restoring the tins but love keeping them their Age. Not painting over the history but reviving them . Showing off the age is the charm of ceiling tin art. I find it harder and harder to come by the really unique artisan created designs. If your interested in any pieces just leave me a comment. I have more beauties to come soon from my shop so keep posted, thanks for all the encouraging comments!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous post.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having problems with my email. Please use my web site email listing. I am just working on my new web site. I would like to ask you questions about your art. Thank you, Anber Rose
    www.velvetrustyrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I'm your newest follower.
    Blessings!
    ~*~ Wendy ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous work! Stunning!
    I am your new follower!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete